Thursday, April 14, 2016

Allergy-Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies

When I first started creating allergy-friendly recipes my main goal was to create food that tasted just like the original. I wanted to be able to serve what I was making to everyone. 

Steve and the girls are always my first taste-testers. If they give me recipe the thumbs up, I'll often bring in samples for my coworkers to taste and critique as well. 

When I brought in these cookies, they all agreed they were dead on!! Several of them asked for the recipe too. That to me, is always a sign that the recipe is a winner. 


This recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies. I've also doubled this recipe and frozen the dough, so I have it on hand if I need a last minute dessert or treat. 


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I always line my cookie sheets with parchment paper for easy clean-up. 

In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. 

In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, cream together granulated sugar, brown sugar, and room temperature soy-free vegan butter. Add in coconut milk (I like Silk Original Coconut Milk), and pure vanilla extract. Mix until blended. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mini chocolate chips and stir until combined. 

I like to use my tablespoon to measure out my dough and help make each cookie the same size so they cook evenly. Bake for 8-12 minutes, until the edges start to brown, but the center is still soft to the touch. * The flour blend will not brown like a traditional cookie, but the edges will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment