I don't know about you, but when we find a product that fits into our "can-haves", I want to shout about it from the roof tops!
Shopping for allergy-free foods can be frustrating and time consuming. All of the label reading and rereading, at times makes me want to pull my hair out. So, when other parents share their favorite allergy friendly finds, I'm all ears.
Here are a few of ours. These items are on repeat at our house, we know the girls enjoy them, and we know they are safe!!
1. Rice Chex- We use these as cereal, in place of bread crumbs, for trail mixes and (a favorite of my girls') Muddy Buddies. (How can you go wrong with Chex coated in Sunbutter, Ejoy Life chocolate chips and homemade powdered sugar!?!)
2. Annie's Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks Berry Patch Flavor- ** Some of the varieties use sweet potatoes, but this particular version does not. These little gummy snacks are a perfect thing to throw in my purse for an on the run snack. They also come in mini-packs at Halloween making them a perfect allergy friendly trick-or-treating snack.
3. Just keeping it real here. . . I totally forgot to make a #3 on my little board! Another favorite of our family is Sunbutter.
We use this in recipes, in smoothies and as a regular spread.
4. Enjoy Life Brand- I can not say enough good things about this company. If you've never heard of them, please check them out, they are AMAZING and a dream come true to families with allergy issues. From chocolate chips, to cookies, and baking mixes this brand has made our life so much easier! They're dedicated to making products that are top 8 allergen free, and all of their products taste wonderful!! I mean like, even people who do not have food allergies enjoy them, wonderful! I use their mixes in many of my recipes, and they never call for the use of eggs or milk.
5. Go Go Squeeze Apple Sauce Natural and Cinnamon flavor- *Some of these flavors may not be allergy friendly, but these two fit the bill for us. This is another easy "throw and go" snack item.
6. Bean & Rice Chips Sea Salt- Every now and then Elli likes to have chips with her lunch or for a snack. These are a great crunchy treat! *They also come in a wide variety flavors and n0t all are allergy friendly.
7. Target's Simply Balanced Fruit Strips and Fruit Snacks- These all natural snacks are tasty and delicious! They come in a variety of flavors.
8. Namaste Foods- This is another company that has made cooking so much easier. Their baking mixes are also top 8 allergen free, but some of their mixes do call for eggs to be added. I substitute 1 tablespoon of applesauce in place of each egg. Their pizza crust is awesome and one package makes two crusts! The brownie, and pancake mixes are also family favorite.
So, there you have it! 8 of our families favorite go-tos!
What are your favorites?